The working performance of a device is very much influenced by what the device is being used for and in particular, a large number of stored Apps will restrict memory available for processing and open data streaming (e.g. maps/navigation, video, internet surfing etc) will create performance conflicts. The following are a few tips to help you optimise performance of your smartphone: 1. Turn off functions that are not being used e.g. Bluetooth; SIM2; GPS 2. Close Down Apps that are not in use (there are certain Apps e.g. news apps that once enabled or viewed will run in the background even though you may think that you have come out of them) 3. Pressing and holding down the Menu button will reveal open Apps. These can then be closed down by ‘swiping’ them to the left or right. 4. Uninstall Apps that are no longer being used If you are still experiencing performance issues then restore device to its original settings, as per “How can I do a Factory Reset of the device”.
Articles in this section
- Will I need to re-pair or re-connect to the DCR006-XJ Bluetooth® Speaker each time I use it?
- Can I control music using the controls on my DCR006-XJ Bluetooth® Speaker?
- What happens when your phone rings whilst listening to DCR006-XJ Bluetooth® Speaker?
- What is the range of the DCR006-XJ Bluetooth® Speaker?
- Which adapter will be used for the upper and lower dust port on my DW771 / DW777?
- Is there a special blade for lime sand brick available for my DWE396/DWE397/DWE398/DWE399?
- Which dust extraction kit do I need for my DW770/DW771/DW777?
- The Magazine cover does not close on my DDF2130000?
- Performance weak or fluctuating with my DDF2130000?
- The Cartridge/Nail does not fire on my DDF2130000?