From time to time your phone may seem to develop a fault which may be remedied by simply performing a ‘soft reset’. The nature of faults that can sometimes by rectified by a soft restart are ‘SIM card not recognised’/’SD card not recognised’/’Loss of storage on the phone’. However it is always worth performing a soft restart as the first step to attempting to ‘fix’ any fault, before raising a repair request. To perform a soft restart: 1. Phone switched on and unlocked. 2. Press and hold the power button. Keep the power button pressed down and ignore the ‘Power off’ option that will appear on the screen after a few seconds. 3. Release your finger from the power button once the device displays the’Android’ splash screen. Please note that you will need to be on the latest firmware for the ‘soft restart’ to work. Please check: Settings > About Phone > Wireless update. Perform any software updates before attempting the soft restart process.
Articles in this section
- Will I need to re-pair or re-connect to the DCR006-XJ Bluetooth® Speaker each time I use it?
- Can I control music using the controls on my DCR006-XJ Bluetooth® Speaker?
- What happens when your phone rings whilst listening to DCR006-XJ Bluetooth® Speaker?
- What is the range of the DCR006-XJ Bluetooth® Speaker?
- Which adapter will be used for the upper and lower dust port on my DW771 / DW777?
- Is there a special blade for lime sand brick available for my DWE396/DWE397/DWE398/DWE399?
- Which dust extraction kit do I need for my DW770/DW771/DW777?
- The Magazine cover does not close on my DDF2130000?
- Performance weak or fluctuating with my DDF2130000?
- The Cartridge/Nail does not fire on my DDF2130000?