Firstly check to see if the chuck is secured with a screw, if you have a screw follow steps 1-3, else follow steps 2-3. Step 1: Screw will have a left-hand thread and must be turned clockwise to undo it. Step 2: Once the screw has been removed place a suitable Allen Key in the chuck and tighten the jaws. Step 3: You should then tap the end of the Allen Key to ease the chuck off (the chuck has a conventional thread so unscrew it in an anti-clockwise direction). Some of our high spec cordless drills will need to be serviced need to be taken to your nearest service centre to have a new chuck fitted.
Articles in this section
- WHY DO THE SANDING PADS NO LONGER STICK TO THE BOTTOM OF MY SANDER?
- WHERE CAN MY PRODUCT BE REPAIRED UNDER WARRANTY?
- WHERE CAN I TAKE RECONDITIONED TOOLS FOR REPAIR?
- WHERE CAN I GET A DRAWING AND PARTS LIST FOR MY TOOL?
- WHERE CAN I BUY SPARE PARTS?
- THE DCN690 CORDLESS NAILER DOESN'T SEEM TO BE PERFORMING CORRECTLY. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- IS THE HANDLE ON THE DEWALT KIT BOXES AVAILABLE AS A SEPARATE PART?
- ARE THE RECHARGEABLE CELLS IN MY BATTERY REPLACEABLE ONCE THEY REACH THE END OF THEIR LIFE?
- How can I reset my DEWALT DCR029 radio?
- WILL THE DC010 CHARGE MY BATTERIES?