In this article, you'll learn how to rewind/reload the DeWalt Quickload™ Spool:
- Depress both latches on the DWO1DT955 to get the cap off to remove any debris.
- Put the cap on again and depress the whole spool assy.
- Once you've depressed the whole spool assembly, you'll be able to turn both the base and spool until you get both white lines aligned (See image)
- Once the 2 lines are aligned, introduce the line through the hole and it'll come out from the other hole (If you straighten the line a little, that would make it easier)
- Take the lines and get them even. If you're using a 10ft line, you would have two 5ft ends.
- Now use a ratcheting motion. Put one hand holding the base (see image) and with the other hand you move the rest of the spool assembly clockwise. That way, it starts to wind up the spring onto the pole.
NOTE: It can take lines up to 20ft.