The DEWALT Jobsite WiFi system is designed to be an extension of your corporate IT standards. This is accomplished by setting up VLANs and using WPA2 Enterprise. If you have a company-managed IT system on the jobsite or if your DEWALT WiFi Access Point is having difficulty connecting to the internet, contact your company?s IT group to investigate options - which may include opening ports or updating firewall settings. For more information on integration with existing systems, check out How does the DEWALT Jobsite WiFi system work with my existing IT system? DEWALT has published an IT guide here.
Articles in this section
- How many users can connect to the DEWALT Jobsite WiFi system?
- How do I set up secondary or guest networks on my DEWALT® Jobsite WiFi system?
- Will multiple wired Access Points increase the bandwidth of my DEWALT Jobsite WiFi system?
- Why won?t my device connect to the WiFi network?
- The entire site can't connect to the internet.
- I am near an Access Point, so why am I getting poor signal/service?
- How do I remove a DEWALT Jobsite WiFi Access Point from my account?
- How do I reset my DEWALT® Jobsite WiFi Access Point?
- What are the differences between account administrators and account managers?
- Can I get step-by-step instructions for installation of DEWALT Jobsite WiFi system?