In a mesh network there are multiple Access Points but your device will only connect to one Access Point at a time. As you walk around the site your device will remain connected until you are far enough away from an Access Point that your device seeks a new one to connect to. The decision to connect to a particular Access Point is determined by your device, so if you are moving you may not be always be connected to the closest Access Point. Toggling the WiFi on your device off and on will force the device to connect to the closest Access Point and help improve your performance.
Articles in this section
- How many users can connect to the DEWALT Jobsite WiFi system?
- How do I set up secondary or guest networks on my DEWALT® Jobsite WiFi system?
- Will multiple wired Access Points increase the bandwidth of my DEWALT Jobsite WiFi system?
- Why won?t my device connect to the WiFi network?
- The entire site can't connect to the internet.
- I am near an Access Point, so why am I getting poor signal/service?
- How do I remove a DEWALT Jobsite WiFi Access Point from my account?
- How do I reset my DEWALT® Jobsite WiFi Access Point?
- What are the differences between account administrators and account managers?
- Can I get step-by-step instructions for installation of DEWALT Jobsite WiFi system?