The new DWS780 now comes with an LED light as part of the saw. This is known as the DEWALT XPS cross cut positioning system- it has several advantages over the laser for accuracy and illumination: 1) The laser may need calibration- since the XPS system casts a sharply defined shadow, it will never need calibration. 2) The laser cannot show the thickness of the blade. The XPS system will automatically "adjust" to a thin or thick keft blade. 3) The XPS light illuminates the work surface. Due to these advantages, DEWALT no longer offers the DW7187 (or similar) laser guide with current model miter saws.
Articles in this section
- What is the DEWALT return policy?
- Can the lock on switch for my DEWALT® DW235G drill be disabled at a service center?
- What is the maximum power draw of the DEWALT® DCB104 multiport charger?
- Do you have the DEWALT DWST20880 Mobile Storage Internal Dimensions?
- What staples and brads fit the DEWALT® DWHT75021 Stapler?
- What are the jaws of the DEWALT® DCE200 Press Tool made of?
- DEWALT® Battery meaning of Suffixes on Kits
- Does my air compressor require a break in period?
- Do you have a dust shroud that will fit the DCG414 grinder?
- What is the throat depth of the DEWALT DWHT83149 Trigger Clamps?