For generator storage, you must either drain the gas tank and carburetor bowl, or add a gas stabilizer such as Sta-bil to the fuel. Once a month the generator should be started and run for 10 minutes so that the brushless alternator does not lose its residual magnetism. Click on the attachment to view the material safety data sheet for Sta-Bil fuel stabilizer . Refer to engine manual for instructions on draining the carburetor bowl. Refer to fuel stabilizer label for proper mixture amount.
Articles in this section
- Who can I contact for support with my generator?
- Does the DG3000 have an emission control on it?
- What viscosity of oil is recommended for use in generator motors in extreme cold temperatures?
- Where are the motors in the DEWALT generators made?
- Can synthetic oil be used in the DEWALT generators?
- What procedures should I perform before storing my generator for extended periods of time?
- What size extension cord can I use on my generator?
- What is the surge watt rating of DEWALT Generators?
- Why did my generator shut off when the engine went from full speed to idle?
- Do DEWALT generators have a voltage regulator?