As a guide, brushes should be replaced when they have become 50% worn. While the brushes will still function at 50%, the brush tension is reduced and can cause higher current draw and over-heating of the motor.
Articles in this section
- Are the tools with two prong cords OSHA approved?
- Can DEWALT cordless tools be used around high voltage power lines?
- Can I use different voltage batteries in my tools?
- Can you tell me what I need for my drill or hammer to comply with OSHA new Silica Dust Rules?
- DCED400B What direction is the blade suppose to spin?
- When should brushes be replaced?