As a guide, brushes should be replaced when they have become 50% worn. While the brushes will still function at 50%, the brush tension is reduced and can cause higher current draw and over-heating of the motor.
Articles in this section
- DeWALT sanding attachments for oscillating multi-tools
- Is there a list available of the DEWALT cordless impact drivers and wrenches that we offer?
- Can I use my impact driver as a drill?
- "Why can't my impact driver remove wheel lug nuts or bolts from my car?"
- Can a grinder be used as a polisher?
- Can oil be added to the oil free nailers and will this harm the nailer in any way?
- Are the tools with two prong cords OSHA approved?
- What is the difference between an impact driver and impact wrench?
- What is Complete Torque Control?
- When should brushes be replaced?