No, the DC9098 battery is not on recall. Based on the Recall on the web site, the batterythat is affected by the recallis asubstitute battery made by Rayovac and soldby BatteriesPlus. BatteriesPlus is recalling about 111,8000 Rayovac NC-CD cordless tool battery packs because the replacement battery pack can explode unexpectedly, posing a risk of serious injury to consumers. (CPSC) WASHINGTON, D.C. - BatteriesPlus is recalling about 111,8000 Rayovac NI-CD cordless tool battery packs because the replacement battery pack can explode unexpectedly, posing a risk of serious injury to consumers. BatteriesPlus has received five reports of exploding batteries. No injuries have been reported. This recall involves RAYOVAC-branded replacement battery packs used with cordless power tools. "RAYOVAC," "NI-CD" and a part number beginning with "CTL" are printed in white lettering on the product. The battery packs were sold in voltages ranging between 2.4 and 18 volts in various sizes and shapes. They were sold as replacement batteries to the following brand tools: Black and Decker, Bosch, DeWalt, Makita, Milwaukee, Panasonic, Ryobi and Skil. The packs were sold at BatteriesPlus retail stores nationwide and online between June 2008 and October 2011 for about $60. Consumers should immediately stop using and remove the battery packs from cordless tools. Consumers can contact BatteriesPlus for instructions on how to return the product for a store credit. For more information, contact BatteriesPlus toll-free at (877) 856-3232 between 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, or visit thefirm'swebsite http://www.batteriesplus.com/t-recallnotices-bulletins.aspx. SEE ATTACHED
Articles in this section
- What is the DEWALT return policy?
- Can the lock on switch for my DEWALT® DW235G drill be disabled at a service center?
- What is the maximum power draw of the DEWALT® DCB104 multiport charger?
- Do you have the DEWALT DWST20880 Mobile Storage Internal Dimensions?
- What staples and brads fit the DEWALT® DWHT75021 Stapler?
- What are the jaws of the DEWALT® DCE200 Press Tool made of?
- DEWALT® Battery meaning of Suffixes on Kits
- Does my air compressor require a break in period?
- Do you have a dust shroud that will fit the DCG414 grinder?
- What is the throat depth of the DEWALT DWHT83149 Trigger Clamps?