If the compressor is not building up pressure, no pressure is showing on the gauges and the motor is running. Please check the drain valve to make sure the drain valve isclosed. The drain valve will be at the lower part of the tank, facing down. When the motor is running, if the valve is open, a rush of air will be felt or heard coming from the drain valve. If this is an older style compress the drain valve has left handed threads (lefty tighty, righty, loosey). If this is newer one this is more common right handed thread in the drain valve (righty, tighty, lefty loosey). Some models may have a lever instead of a screw mechanism.
Articles in this section
- Can the lock on switch for my DEWALT® DW235G drill be disabled at a service center?
- What is the maximum power draw of the DEWALT® DCB104 multiport charger?
- Do you have the DEWALT DWST20880 Mobile Storage Internal Dimensions?
- What staples and brads fit the DEWALT® DWHT75021 Stapler?
- What are the jaws of the DEWALT® DCE200 Press Tool made of?
- DEWALT® Battery meaning of Suffixes on Kits
- Does my air compressor require a break in period?
- Do you have a dust shroud that will fit the DCG414 grinder?
- What is the throat depth of the DEWALT DWHT83149 Trigger Clamps?
- I just changed phones or downloaded the Tool Connect App update, and now don't see my tools?