It is okay to plane most types of painted wood but the blades may dull faster. For safety and environmental reasons, planing painted wood with lead based or cementitious (waterproofing) paint is NOT RECOMMENDED.
Articles in this section
- Does the D26676 come with reversible carbide blades?
- DWP611 - Hole Spacing Dimension
- DWFP55130 - Humidity & shock/vibration range
- DeWalt Planers Used on Extreme Cold Weather
- My DWE7485 is missing a foam block on the sawdust source.
- FAQ - DW780 What is the arbor size?
- Can the lock on switch for my DEWALT DW235G drill be disabled at a service center?
- What staples and brads fit the DEWALT DWHT75021 Stapler?
- Can I use the DW7187 Miter Saw Laser purchased in the US on a 220v version of a DEWALT DW715, DW716 or DW718 Miter Saw?
- What are the measurements of the base of the DW715 12" DEWALT miter saw?