On occasion you may need to unpair a tool, tag, or connector from your Site Manager account. Normally unpairing one of these items is as simple as tapping on the three dots next to the item and choosing unpair. However in some circumstances you may encounter an error that you cannot unpair from the item. On iOS this is most commonly caused by deleting the items pairing history from your Bluetooth settings on your device.
When you pair a new tag, tool, or connector on your iOS device the device remembers that item so you can issue commands to it in the future. Sometimes users may accidently delete this pairing history from their device which can result in an error when it comes time to unpair the item.
Normally you device bluetooth settings will look like the image below when you navigate to the Settings app -> Bluetooth:
If you encounter an error when unpairing
First, make sure you are within 25ft-50ft of the item you wish to unpair. If you are too far away from the item or it is heavily obstructed your unpair command could fail.
Second, if you are close enough to the item and you get an unpair error try the process again. If it fails again then it is possible that the pairing history has been removed from your device.
To correct this issue you will need to utilize a second device. This device can either an iOS or Android device.
Follow these steps:
- On the second device download Site Manager from the App Store
- Login with your Site Manager account on the second device
- You should see a list of your assets on the second device that mirrors your original device
- Tap the three dots on the right hand side of the asset you wish to unpair to bring up the options
- Tap 'Unpair'
- If you are using an iOS device you will be prompted to pair to the asset you are trying to unpair from. This is normal, the second device must first create a connection to the asset you are unpairing before it can send the asset an unpair command
- After a few seconds the asset will unpair from your second device and be removed from your account
- If you refresh the asset list on your original device you will see the asset has been removed
- On the second device you will want to remove pairing history of the asset from the Bluetooth settings
- To do this first leave the Site Manager app and open the Settings app and tap on Bluetooth
11. Next tap on the pairing history of the item you just removed
12. Then tap on the 'Forget This Device' which will remove the pairing history from the second device
Join our Community!
We are excited to continue the discussion about Site Manager in our community forum. Contribute ideas, make suggestions, and discuss with other like minded asset managers. Click here!