The oil level on your generator may be low. Our DEWALT generators have a low oil shut off feature. Make sure the generator is sitting on a level surface when running; if your generator is not sitting on a level surface this can cause the motor to shut off. Check the oil level after placing the unit on a level surface. If the oil level is low, add the recommended oil to the upper mark on your dipstick. You can use SAE 10w-30 oil for general all temperature use. If your unit still shuts off you would need to contact your nearest DEWALT Factory Service center for further help. To find your nearest Service Center, click here.
Articles in this section
- Who can I contact for support with my generator?
- Does the DG3000 have an emission control on it?
- What viscosity of oil is recommended for use in generator motors in extreme cold temperatures?
- Where are the motors in the DEWALT generators made?
- Can synthetic oil be used in the DEWALT generators?
- What size extension cord can I use on my generator?
- What is the surge watt rating of DEWALT Generators?
- Why did my generator shut off when the engine went from full speed to idle?
- Do DEWALT generators have a voltage regulator?
- When I start my machine, smoke constantly comes from the engine muffler.