The oil level on your generator may be low. Our DEWALT generators have a low oil shut off feature. Make sure the generator is sitting on a level surface when running; if your generator is not sitting on a level surface this can cause the motor to shut off. Check the oil level after placing the unit on a level surface. If the oil level is low, add the recommended oil to the upper mark on your dipstick. You can use SAE 10w-30 oil for general all temperature use. If your unit still shuts off you would need to contact your nearest DEWALT Factory Service center for further help.
Articles in this section
- Who can I contact for support with my generator?
- Does the DG3000 have an emission control on it?
- What viscosity of oil is recommended for use in generator motors in extreme cold temperatures?
- Where are the motors in the DEWALT generators made?
- Can synthetic oil be used in the DEWALT generators?
- What size extension cord can I use on my generator?
- What is the surge watt rating of DEWALT Generators?
- Why did my generator shut off when the engine went from full speed to idle?
- Do DEWALT generators have a voltage regulator?
- When I start my machine, smoke constantly comes from the engine muffler.