The D55146 compressor has a universal motor. Universal motors are one of two major types of electric motors, the other being the induction motor. This motor was chosen for this application due to several factors: Size and Weight- induction motors are much larger and heavier, this compressor being a portable unit keeping the weight and down was important . Start up torque- air compressors need lots of start up torque to get going Cost- Induction motors cost more than universal motors Application- while induction motors are excellent for continuously running items, air compressors cycle on and off.
Articles in this section
- Why won't my compressor power on?
- Does my air compressor require a break in period?
- What is the amp rating on D55167?
- What type of compressor does the D55167 have?
- What is the tolerance level for the tank pressure gauge on the D55168 and D55146 compressors?
- What is the maximum regulated pressure on the D55146 and D55168 compressors?
- How can I get an air leak on my compressor tank fixed?
- What is the size of the air coupler on the Compressor?
- Which DEWALT compressors will run on 50 Hz?
- What are the cfm's for the D55140?