The D55146 compressor has a universal motor. Universal motors are one of two major types of electric motors, the other being the induction motor. This motor was chosen for this application due to several factors: Size and Weight- induction motors are much larger and heavier, this compressor being a portable unit keeping the weight and down was important . Start up torque- air compressors need lots of start up torque to get going Cost- Induction motors cost more than universal motors Application- while induction motors are excellent for continuously running items, air compressors cycle on and off.
Articles in this section
- D55146 Type 6 Regulator knob
- Why won't my compressor power on?
- Does my air compressor require a break in period?
- What is the maximum regulated pressure on the D55146 and D55168 compressors?
- What is the size of the air coupler on the Compressor?
- What is the SCFM rating on current DEWALT air compressors?
- What are the decibel ratings on DEWALT compressors?
- What are the 3 torque values for the DWMT70773L impact wrench?
- How do you clear a nail jam in the D51823 Framing Nailer and D51845 Framing Nailer?
- What is the procedure for clearing a jammed nail from the D51822 Framing Nailer and D51844 Framing Nailer?