The 60V MAX* DEWALT Universal Attachment Capable System is available as a String Trimmer Kit and an Edger Kit that convert to other DEWALT outdoor tools by changing the DEWALT universal attachments (sold separately). Both the trimmer (DCST972B or DCST972X1) and the edger (DCED472B or DCED472X1), with the following attachments, can be quickly converted to a:
- Brush cutter with an 8-in. cutting swath (DWOAS5BC)
- Pole saw with an auto-oiling 8-in. bar and chain (DWOAS6PS)
- 22-in. dual action blade hedge trimmer with a 135-degree articulating head (DWOAS8HT)
- High-performance axial blower (DWOAS7BL)
- DWOAS9ST (string trimmer attachment) is not sold individually and comes with the trimmer (DCST972B or DCST972X1)
The Trimmer (DCST972B or DCST972X1) can also be converted to an edger through the DWOAS4ED edger attachment, which features a 7.5-In. steel blade, maneuverable wheel and angled head; this is effectively the same thing as the 60V MAX* Universal Attachment Capable Edger (DCED472B or DCED472X1).
MANUALS: It's important to send the manual for both the Powerhead (DCST972B) AND the manual for the attachment(s) the customer is using. NOTE: The manual for DCED472B or DCED472X1 (the edger) is not available; instead, send them the manual for DCST972B (Powerhead) and DWOAS4ED (edger attachment). The manual for DCST972B or DCST972X1 would be the manual of DCST972B (Powerhead) and the manual for DWOAS9ST (string trimmer attachment). All manuals are attached to this article.
For a complete list of the tools and attachments (sold separately) in this DEWALT Universal Attachment Capable System, see table below.