The TOOL CONNECT™ Chip helps integrate tools and storage that are not Bluetooth®-enabled into the TOOL CONNECT™ System. The easily installable Chip is a small, lightweight Bluetooth®beacon add-on that can be installed in the designated pocket of Chip-Ready products. Installing the Chip adds convenient tracking capabilities that are compatible with TOOL CONNECT™ Site Manager, a software designed to enhance overall workflow by managing and tracking inventory for total job site visibility.
Installing the Tool Connect™ Chip:
1. Remove the retaining T10 Torx screws that hold the Tool Connect™ chip protective cover into the tool.
2. Remove the protective cover and insert the Tool Connect™ chip into the empty pocket.
3. Ensure that the Tool Connect™ chip is flush with the housing. Secure it with the retaining screws and tighten the screws to 0.3 Nm ±0.1 Nm. Do not overtighten.
NOTE: Tool Connect™ chip must be setup in the Tool Connect™ Site Manager application prior to installation. Tool Connect™ chip does not function until setup has been completed in the Site Manager application:
1. Tool Connect™ Site Manager mobile application can be downloaded from: Apple Store and Google play.
2. Launch the Site Manager mobile application and follow instructions on adding a new Tool
Connect™ new device.
LED Indicators to User Tool Connect™ Chip
|At Power Up
|1 Long Blink
|2 Short Blinks
|2 Short Blinks
|Chip is Unpaired
|1 Short Blink, Every 10 Seconds
|Identify (Commanded from App)
|Blinks On and Off for 10 seconds
Battery Life: The DCE042 has a limited battery life of around 2 years. However, this battery is replaceable with standard CR2032 round battery.